Domestic Shade Sails
Domestic Shade Sails
Creative Canvas can design and install an architecturally attractive Shade Sail that is tailor made to your individual needs and budget. The mesh shade cloth is the most common and simplest way to provide sun protection.
Shade Sail Benefits:
• Transform your area into a new outdoor living and entertaining space
• Deflect heat and glare away from your home thus creating passive cooling without turning on air conditioning.
• Save energy and money by cooling your house with a custom shade sail.
• Keep your family safe from harmful UV radiation. Relax in comfort knowing your family is protected as Creative Canvas endorses the Cancer Council Sun Safe policies which aims to reduce UV radiation and safeguarding the long term health of people.
• Shade Sails offer Value for money compared with other cooling options for the domestic market.
Being mindful that each fabric and colour has different abilities to block or absorb UV radiation. Fabric that is dark and closely woven will block or absorb more UV radiation than lighter colours. Our shadecloth manufacturers state the level of UV protection for each colour and weave. We only use high quality – tested shade cloth in our installations as good quality shade cloth is paramount to adequate protection.
Shade Sails are suitable for:
• Shading over or next to the pool
• In private or public gardens
• As patio roofing
The options are vast – let our Design Consultant ensure your outdoor area is adequately covered; tell us your needs.
POSTS / FRAMES
Posts or frames for domestic installation will vary in size depending on the heights of sails or canopies. Depending on the size the posts will be galvanised then either finished in a powder coat or etch primed and painted with urethane paint.
Powder coating is an advanced method of applying a decorative and protective finish to a wide range of materials and products. It is a clean coating process that provides environmental and safety advantages: energy efficient, pollution-free, recyclable and produces less hazardous waste. Powder coating provides a more durable finish than liquid paints can offer, while still providing an attractive finish.
SHADE SAILS FABRICS
Fabrics suitable for Mesh Sails are Ferrari Soltis 92, 93, 96; Rainbow Shade Z16, Poly FX or Monotec 370.
Fabrics suitable for Waterproof Sails are Mehler FR580, Ferrari 502 or Hiraoka 104T.
Refer to our Fabrics and Colours page for more information.
PTFE is a long lasting thread which does not deteriorate from exposure to elements. Ordinary polyester thread fibres break down over time due to exposure to UV sunlight, cleaning agents, salt water and extreme weather. PTFE thread has a 15 year warranty.
All fittings are stainless steel marine grade including the turnbuckles and shackles. The wire used is stainless steel. Each corner is reinforced.